Our Services

Click here to access a Release of Information Form

Magnolia Regional Medical Center’s Health Information Management Department (HIM), also known as the Medical Records Department, is located on the ground floor, past the cafeteria, on the right. While we may not be the most visible department in the hospital, we are committed to our contribution in helping the providers deliver quality health care. Our hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can reach us at 870-235-3243.

We are responsible for maintaining medical records in a standardized and professional manner in order to protect patient confidentiality, while allowing adequate access to providers in order to promote quality patient care.

Our goal is to maintain confidentiality of client health record information, and protect an individual’s right to privacy in the collection and disclosure of personal information in accordance with federal, state, and HIPAA. Records are released in accordance with state and federal laws.

So……..how may we help you?
We can provide you with a copy of your Lab Reports, X-Ray Reports, Inpatient Reports, and Outpatient Reports, or other services that you may have been provided at MRMC.

What do I have to do to get a copy of my medical records?
You must be 18 years of age to request your records; otherwise, the legal parent or guardian must make the request. You will need to fill out a Release of Information Form and show photo identification.

Copies of records are subject to a standard charge. Arkansas Code 16-46-106 allows the Release of Information Office to charge requestors for the cost of copying medical records. The charges are as follows:

50 cents per page for the first 25 pages and 25 cents for each additional page

Requesters needing information stored off-site will be charged an additional $15.00 preparation fee

For mailed records, you will be charged the actual cost of any required postage

It is our policy to complete requests in the order in which they are received. All requests are processed in a timely manner; however, certain circumstances may cause delays in processing. Records stored off-site can take up to 15 days to process.

Can I request my medical records be sent to my doctors?
Yes, but you will need to call the office and let us know this request. Please provide your doctor’s address or fax number for faster service.

How do I get a copy of my child’s medical records?
If they have not reached the age of 18, and you are the custodial parent, you will need to fill out a Release of Information Form and show photo identification.

Can I get a copy of my child’s birth certificate?
We do not have copies of birth certificates. After your baby was born, you were given a Birth Certificate Application (Birth Certificate Information Form) to fill out and mail (plus $12.00) to Vital Records. The birth certificate will be sent to the address you provided on this form. We do not receive a copy. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the birth certificate from Vital Records. If you need to order or have lost a birth certificate, you may contact Vital Records at: 1-800-637-9314 or visit their website at: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/certificatesVitalRecords/Pages/default.aspx

How do I get a Social Security Card after the birth of my child?
After your baby’s information from the Birth Certificate Information Form has been entered into the computer system, the Social Security Office will automatically issue a Social Security number. The Social Security card will be mailed to the address that you provided on the form. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to receive your card.

Contact the Social Security Office at: 1-800-772-1213 for additional information.

Who do I contact about DNA testing?
The DNA Diagnostics Center will be able to help you. You can contact them at 1-800-362-2368.

I want my spouse or children to be allowed to have access to my medical records. What do I do?
You will need to add this person’s name to the Release of Information Form when you fill it out. Also, they may obtain a Living Will Declaration or Power of Attorney.

What do I do to obtain medical records of a deceased relative?
A Certified Death Certificate or a Power of Attorney must be brought to our office. You will have to fill out a Release of Information form and show photo identification.

Who do I talk to about my medical bill?
You will need to talk to someone in admissions or the billing office. We only have medical record information which does not include billing information. You can contact the business office at: 870-235-3182.