Magnolia Regional Medical Center has announced that applications for the 2019 M*A*S*H Program are now available. Magnolia’s sixth annual M*A*S*H Camp (Medical Applications of Science for Health) will be held June 17-28, 2019 at Magnolia Regional Medical Center.
During this two-week summer day camp, students complete certification in Basic First Aid and CPR and learn the importance of healthy lifestyle habits. Reinforcement of the connection between the basic sciences and medical diagnosis and treatment occurs through lectures, labs, hands-on activities, facility tours, clinical interaction, and job shadowing. Exposure to different health professions is an integral part of the M*A*S*H experience. Students learn to identify various health care disciplines, what they do, how they relate to one another and how the fundamentals of anatomy, biology, pharmacology, and physiology apply to each discipline. Program evaluations indicate that because of M*A*S*H, participants are more likely to pursue health careers, primary care, and practice in rural or underserved areas.
- Students must have completed high school Biology prior to participating in M*A*S*H.
- Students must have 2 letters of recommendation from a science teacher and/or school counselor.
- Students should be in 10th and 11th grade at the time of application, to participate in a summer camp prior to their 11th or 12th-grade year.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- All participating students must complete, sign, and return to the director all required paperwork and consent forms by designated deadlines.
- Students must currently be enrolled in any public, private or home school program in Columbia or Lafayette counties.
Applications are due April 5th and may be picked up in your school counselor’s office, or can be downloaded at www.magnoliarmc.org/MASH2019