Magnolia Regional Medical Center’s Health Information Management Department, also known as the Medical Records Department, is located on the ground floor, past the cafeteria, on the right. Our hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have questions or concerns, please call our office at 870-235-3243.

We are responsible for maintaining medical records in a standardized and professional manner, allowing adequate access to providers to promote quality patient care. Our goal is to maintain patient confidentiality and protect an individual’s right to privacy in the collection and disclosure of personal information in accordance with federal, state, and HIPAA laws.

What do I have to do to get a copy of my medical records?

You must be 18 years of age to request your records; otherwise, the legal parent or guardian must make the request. You will need to fill out a Release of Information Form and show photo identification.

Click here to access a Release of Information Form

It is our policy to complete requests in the order in which they are received. All requests are processed in a timely manner; however, certain circumstances may cause delays in processing.

Please note, copies of records are subject to a standard charge.

Requests for records that are stored offsite are subject to an additional preparation fee.

For mailed records, the cost of postage will be charged.

You may also access your information by signing in to the patient portal at:

Who is authorized to sign for release of my health information?

The following people are authorized to sign for release of health information:

  • The patient (Not the spouse)
  • Power of attorney if the patient is unable to sign (Legal document must be provided.)
  • Parent (if the patient is younger than age 18)
  • Parent and minor, if the patient is 12 to 17 years of age and receiving psychiatric, alcohol, or drug treatment services
  • Legal guardian (Proof of guardianship document must be provided.)
  • A representative of the estate for deceased patients (Copy of the death certificate and a copy of the representative of estate documents must be provided.)

Can I get a copy of my child’s birth certificate?

Magnolia Regional Medical Center does not have copies of birth certificates.

After your baby was born, you were given a Birth Certificate Application (Birth Certificate Information Form) to fill out.  Mail the completed form, along with $12.00, to Vital Records. Instructions are located on the bottom of the form. The birth certificate will be sent to the address you provide on this form. We do not receive a copy of your child’s birth certificate.

If you need to order or replace a birth certificate, you may call Vital Records at 1-800-637-9314 or contact your local Health Unit.

For more information, please visit the Arkansas Department of Health’s website by clicking on the following link:

If you have any questions, please contact our office at 870-235-3243.

How do I get a Social Security Card after the birth of my child?

After your baby is born, the birth clerk enters the information into the computer system. The Social Security Office will automatically issue a Social Security number for your child. The Social Security card will be mailed to the address that you provided to the birth clerk. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to receive your child’s Social Security card.

Contact the Social Security Office at: 1-800-772-1213 for additional information.

Who do I talk to about my medical bill?

If you have questions regarding your billing statement, please contact the business office at 870-235-3182.