The following social media pages are officially owned and managed by Magnolia Regional Medical Center. Any other pages that reference our hospital, practice, programs, or employees are not sanctioned by Magnolia Regional Medical Center and, therefore, are not necessarily accurate references to or reflections of the organization:
MRMC on Facebook – MagnoliaRMC
MRMC on Twitter – MagnoliaRMC
MRMC on YouTube – MagnoliaRMC
MRMC on Google+ – +MagnoliaRMCOrg
MRMC on Pinterest – MagnoliaRMC
MRMC on Foursquare – Venue 10997401
MRMC Blog – www.magnoliarmcblog.com
- Magnolia Regional Medical Center (MRMC) will provide timely and accurate information, news and events as they relate to the mission and values of the organization.
- MRMC will cite the original source of any external references used as information, links or tools we post on our social media pages as best we can. We do not endorse, review or take responsibility for the links or information posted by our users.
- MRMC has the right to monitor our social media pages, and may edit and delete any posted content we deem inappropriate in our sole discretion.
- MRMC has the right to repost and reuse content posted by users on our social media sites.
- The views and opinions expressed by the users of MRMC social media sites do not directly reflect the views and opinions of MRMC as an organization, nor of its employees, patients and their families. We are not responsible for the conduct or opinions of the users.
- Patient information or experiences shared by the patient, their families or friends will be at the discretion of the user. MRMC will not post or reply to any communication that will violate the privacy of our patients, in accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Employees of MRMC are not to engage in discussions regarding patient medical care on their own initiative or at the request of a user.
- By providing social media sites, MRMC is not practicing medicine, but rather offering a forum for general information and support. These sites should not be used as a source for medical advice or take the place of a consultation with your physician. If you need medical attention, call your physician or call 911.
- MRMC’s social media pages are not to be used for solicitation for other organizations, including, but not limited to: political, product/service endorsements, advocacy or charitable organizations.
The Magnolia Regional Medical Center Social Media Guidelines also apply to the employees of MRMC. In addition to those guidelines, employees should adhere to the following:
- You are personally responsible for your conduct and the content of your social media pages. Use discretion when engaging in conversation on public social media pages. Please remember, your involvement in social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Flicker, blogs, etc) reflects upon you as an individual and the organization by which you are employed.
- Always write in first person (“I”), as your views and opinions do not reflect our organization as a whole. Use your personal email address as a means of identification. Do not use your work email address or organization title. Unless you are posting to the site as part of your professional duties to Magnolia Regional Medical Center, you are not authorized to post information on behalf of the organization.
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule applies to information posted on the Internet; therefore, you are not authorized to engage in medical conversations or to give advice to any users. Do not discuss any specific cases, procedures, or surgeries, or engage in any conversation that may violate the privacy of your patients. Conduct that violates HIPAA, including our policies and procedures, will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- Patient photos cannot be posted without a signed release form from the patient or guardian, provided and approved by the Marketing Department. You must have permission from your Administrative Leadership Team member and confirmation of a signed authorization before posting any photos.